I always find that the colder seasons allow me to reconnect with my purpose in life. I mean, I’m not able to sit on the beach or be outside as much, so I am now reluctant to be faced with, well, me. And it is clear that everyone can relate.
During this reflective time, following a few guidelines in making sure that my hibernation season is effective as possible. Here are some tips:
1. Saving money: Although the holidays are quickly approaching, we want to remind ourselves that although we want to spend uncontrollably for our loved ones, they will still love us the same if we bought the 16GB IPhone instead of the 32GB. Becoming more knowledgeable about money and learning how to save more, invest more, and ultimately make more, is always a good skill to rely on. Besides, who wants to be broke anyway? Getting an upper hand on your green by learning some things during the fall and winter time. And stay tuned on our site, we might even help you reach your financial success!
2. Cleaning house: Yup, Exactly what I meant. Your space. It’s getting colder now, who wants a cluttered space? Take a weekend (or two) and begin organizing, disposing, and rearranging things in your home, room, car, office, etc. It pays off to have a clean space, especially when you feel that life is cloudy and cluttered with mental and even physical THINGS. Control what you can and CLEAN HOUSE! Trash things that you don’t need, organize things that you do need, and you will thank us later! De-clutter that mind and embrace your hibernation season with a little winter cleaning.
3. Recovering connections: Even though it is cuffing season and everyone wants to call and remember the old friendships and old flings that was once started, it’s always best to reconnect with old, GENUINE, friends and family members that you missed during the summer nights with friends or loud music at concerts. Recovering connections can also allow you to get in conversation about things you would have never talked about through the basic text message or the small comments on Facebook and Instagram. Get creative with reconnecting! Have small get-together or coffee dates with the VIP’s in your life and reconnect! You will be amazed at the relationships and friendships you will make.
4. Becoming productive: With all this extra time on your hands, you can always do a little more with your productivity. Digging deep and finding that special hobby that you once loved will be great during this cold season. Whether it’s curling up with a good book, writing your life away, cooking up good eats, or even that blog site that you never get to, do it! It is never too late to catch your forgotten hobbies. Being productive with the things you like to do will only cross some things off your mega to-do list, but it will also bring you that inner happiness that is comparable to those warm, eventful summer days.
5. Having Fun! There’s nothing like having a boring chilly season. Being bored AND cold is not too much fun. Just remember that although the warm season is months away, use this time to find your inner peace and happiness.