School is here to stay for another nine months, and although everyone has the “focused, get good grades” trend in the beginning of the school year, what can you really do to stay consistent throughout the semester?
Even us as college students struggle with balancing all of the things that we need to do (friends, family, work, extracurricular activities, AfroMadu, etc.) along with keeping of schoolwork up to par. Being consistent, in itself, is a super hard concept to tackle. But no worries, AfroMadu has some tips to keep you track this school year.
1. WRITE EVERYTHING DOWN! the notion of literally looking at the things you need to get done and understanding the importance of why it needs to get done, serves a great purpose in staying consistent with academic work. Investing in a thorough planner and writing down assignments, activities day and even long term and short term goals gives you a better understanding of what you need to do, along with mapping your days, weeks and months out effectively.
2. TIME MANAGEMENT. Keeping track of all the things you do each day and making sure that the day is productive is EXTREMELY hard. But understanding that time is SUPER precious and procrastination will win the battle if time is not used correctly, can potentially kill your consistency goal and harm your school semester. Think of your typical school day: what activities and leisure hobbies are more time consuming than others? Are there any activities that can be shortened or monitored to get some extra study time or reading in? Reevaluating your time and closing the lazy gaps will strengthen your consistency!
3. ASK FOR HELP! Although us students may feel that we can handle everything that life throws us, asking for help is not gonna cause us to melt. Finding strategies to partner up in studying and asking professors for better explanations on subject matters can lighten up our stress and even understand curriculum better. This only gives us a better foot in the door and keeps material significant in our mind. Asking for help from professors and professionals can also land you a great space to share your future dreams and career goals with. NETWORK, NETWORK, NETWORK!
4. HAVE FUN! There’s no reason why you can’t have a good time and keep track of your studies! Making sure that you aren’t so sucked into academics and actually find time to hang out with friends, relax your brain, and spend time on those leisure activities that you love. That only makes school and work more enjoyable to complete. Have fun!
5. STAY FIT AND HEALTHY! Maintaining a fit diet and healthy workout schedule is also vital to what you produce in the classroom. Little things like drinking water everyday, along with getting a good workout will benefit your academics. Studies have shown that students who are have a regular workout routine and healthy diet produce better grades in the classroom. Take advantage of working out now!
Just a few tips to survive this school semester. Finding whats essentially right for your lifestyle can be conducive to obtaining a successful semester. Good luck students!